Thursday, September 1, 2011

Arts and Letter(head)s, Part IV

This letter was sent on April 12, 1950 by former team president Lee Johannes to staff members working on the Packers' third stock drive, then in full swing.

Wisconsin Historical Society
DEAR FELLOW WORKER:

As you know I am layed up and haven't been able to get around as much as I would like to follow through on the Packer Drive, following the kick-off of our group at the Beaumont Hotel.

You have undoubtedly seen the score board that we have on the Court House lawn, and, of course, we want to keep old No. 14 moving up. In order to do that it is necessary that you complete your pledges and turn them into the Packer Ticket Office.

I sincerely hope that the "Special Commitee" will be able to complete its calls this week and have them all turned in so that when the general committee has their report meeting next Monday night we will be able to report that the Special Committee has completed their work. I would greatly appreciate hearing from you. If you have any problems you would like to discuss with me call my home De Pere 554.

Very truly yours,

Lee Johannes, Chairman
Packer Stock Drive
We've seen rough photocopies of this letterhead style before, but this is the first color example I've seen. I like the green and gold, with bold action graphics along the top.

It's interesting that Joannes was using this particular letterhead in 1950; the "Five Times World's Champions" script along the bottom dates it to between 1939 and 1944, the Packers' fifth and sixth titles, respectively.

No comments: